AMGA Scholarship Recipients – Where are they now?
Have you ever wondered about our previous scholarship recipients? Below is a listing of our AMGA Scholarship Recipients.
- 2004 –2005: The 1st AMGA Scholarship was awarded to Robert Clifton from the Talladega/Sylacauga area. He began his career with Farmlinks and the Pursell Family, and is now the Property Manager for the Briarwood Presbyterian Campus in Birmingham.
- 2005-2006 award to Renee Thompson from Auburn, who is the Head of Landscape Design for Creative Habitats, based out of Auburn and working throughout central Alabama.
- 2006-2007 award to Delaine Borden from Auburn. Delaine went on to complete a MS in Horticulture from Auburn and worked for a while in Landscape Design at Creative Habitats in Auburn. Delaine then became a Research Associate in the Department of Horticulture until about a year ago, and now works for Auburn as an Academic Support Specialist in the School of Accountancy.
- 2007-2008 award to Anna Marie Murphy from Dothan. Anna completed her MS in Horticulture from Auburn, and then began a PhD in Horticulture at Virginia Tech. She is currently at Auburn as a Research Associate in the Department of Horticulture.
- 2008-2009 award to Blake Thaxton from Huntsville. Blake completed a MS in Horticulture from Auburn and now works as a County Extension Agent in the Pensacola Florida area.
- 2009-2010 award to Lucy Edwards from Decatur. Lucy Edwards is a Regional Extension Agent. Her geographical area of responsibility includes: Coffee, Covington, Dale, Geneva, Henry and Houston Counties in Alabama
- 2010-2011 award to Martin Maddox from Birmingham. Martin works with Landscape Associates in Birmingham.
- 2011-2012 award to David Reeves from Hartselle. David graduated fall semester 2013 with a BS in Horticulture.
- 2012-2013 award to Ashlyn Morgan from Opelika. Ashlyn now works for Samara Farms (a wholesale nursery) in Nashville.
- 2013-2014 award to two Juniors currently at Auburn: Jennifer Derrow from Eufaula and Jeremy Comer from Huntsville, both of whom will graduate in 2015.
- 2014 – 2015 – as above.